11.25.2013

Tranferred!

Hola familia!
The time has finally come. I got transfered.
I know what you´re thinking. She´s in the Canaries.
Actually, I am not. I am serving in a little town called Alcalá de Henares. It´s about an hour north east of the center of Madrid. From the three hours that I´ve been here, I love it.
Getting transfered from my first area was NOT easy. I spent the whole week with a giant pit in my stomach. I knew it was coming. This weekend was by far the saddest of my life. Leaving investigators and ward members that you love so much is really difficult. I didn´t cry until I had to go up and bear my testimony in front of the ward on Sunday. I walked up to the pulpit, said, "Hola mi barrio", and everyone started crying. It was terrible. Hermana Frandsen and I opened that area for Hermanas. I feel like it´s our baby, and now neither of us are there. It´s extremely difficult to leave, but I know that everything that happens is the will of the Lord! I am especially sad to be leaving right before the holidays.
Today has been a crazy day. Getting everyone moved around without being alone is really difficult and takes a lot of time. I was scheduled to travel alone by train to my new area. But, of course, the Elders couldn´t let me go one more week without getting their hair cut. It´s nice to feel needed for something. I said goodbye to Hermana Adair soon after and took the train to Alcalá! It was a challenge getting both of my extremely heavy bags on and off the train in the allotted amount of time, but I did it! I ended up waiting at the train station for two hours by myself, phoneless, in some new area that I don´t know. It was the worst two hours of my life. I guess my new companion couldn´t find me? I swear, I was where I was supposed to be, when I was supposed to be there.
My new companion´s name is Hermana Seastrand. We were both trained by Hermana Frandsen. Sisters! Hermana Seastrand has two more transfers out in the mission than I do and is new to this area as well. We are sort of opening it for Hermanas. Long story. Anyway, we will see how it goes. I have met her a few times before, but I don´t really know her.
I think that this is going to be a really great next 6 weeks! I am a little (no, really) sad to leave Barrio 9. It will forever be my home in Spain! I will send pictures of everything next week when I get a chance. I haven´t even really seen the area yet, just the locutorio.

Love you all!
Hermana Endicott

No comments:

Post a Comment