If I had to describe myself in one word right now, I would say "FREEZING!" It is really cold here. I was feeling bad for myself until I saw the pictures of Huntsville with all of the snow! I have no idea what the converstion is, but it´s been about 7-10 degrees Celcius here for the past week. And the past two days, it´s been raining cats and dogs! To add to the problem, we don´t hot water or heat in our apartment. Yes, we are FREEZING. Yes, we have called the dueƱo and the mission office. They are working on it. When I was walking around in the 45 degree weather a few months ago, I literally could not picture doing missionary work wearing a coat. Now, I want the sun back! If you don´t hear from me next week, you can find me frozen in my bed!
This week was a rough one. Eufrasio didn´t end up getting baptized. There are a bunch of reasons, but I think I´m going to respect his privacy and not talk about it here. He is a child of God, and I really want to respect him and his privacy as such. I´ll just say this, we are working on another date!
We had an amazing Zone Conference this week. President Jackson and his wife were there along with the AP´s. I love all four of them. I KNOW that they are fully inspired and guided by the Lord to do their job! We talked about desire, faith and obedience. It was an interesting discussion. It lasted for about 6 hours. My butt was NUMB by the end! we basically read through the whole white bible. We would read a principle, President would look up and ask, "Any questions?" Suprisingly, there were. It´s amazing how many ways a rule can be interpreted! The Spirit was so strong. I love Zone Conference. We got Dominoes and salad (HALLELUJAH) afterwards and had a good time talking to everyone. I feel like the best friends that I´ve ever had in my life are here with me. I don´t know what it is about serving a mission, but it really just brings people together.
We have had some awesome lessons this week and have some really awesome potential baptizmal dates in the near future! Patience is key to missionary work. Missionaries often times push investigators too fast because we feel pressure to turn in good numbers at the end of the week. That´s not what it´s about. Some of the best leaders of the church (namely, Brigham young) didn´t take one transfer to get baptized! Conversion takes time! I know that from personal experience. I feel like I am just barely starting to convert 100% to the Gospel, and I can´t push that conversion onto our investigators! Paciencia, paciencia, paciencia.
I am SO happy to hear about Karrie and Brett! I actually sat here at the computer in this dumpy locutorio bawling. As a missionary, there is NOTHING better than eternal families! That´s the goal! If I feel this happy for them, and I´m just their neice, I can´t imagine how happy they feel and how happy Heavenly Father is. I know that families can be together forever, and for me, that is the goal. We are here doing missionary work so that the Lord´s children can come even closer to Him through making temple covenants. So, felicidades to the whole Larsen clan! I know that Heavenly Father is so happy for you and that it will be a very special day. I am sorry that I can´t be there to see it, but I am definitely there in Spirit and will be thinking of you the whole day!
I am starting to feel holiday separation. It just hit me that Christmas is right around the corner, and I won´t be home! We are going to the Thompson´s house for Thanksgiving dinner (if I am still here...cross your fingers and pray really hard!). It´s going to be a real feast. I´m really excited, but I am sad that I´ll be missing the Downey family gathering! Those are always exciting. I hope that you have the best week in Denver!
The gospel is true! God lives and loves us! If you are looking for some inspiration, go to lds.org and watch the Mormon Messages titled "Daily Bread". There are three of them. So good!
Love you all!
Hermana Endicott
No comments:
Post a Comment