8.12.2014

Week 66

Hola familia!

I have spent the week being SUPER emotional and not knowing why! Now I know! I have been thinking about Noah and Laura all week this week! I am so excited for both of them. 

I can´t believe that Noah is a missionary! It just blows my mind that in 6 weeks, he´ll be out here doing the same thing that I´m doing! It´ll be the best experience of his life. I can´t express that enough.

I am soooooo jealous of all of the wedding fun! I just cried looking at all of the pictures. I MISS ALL OF YOU SO MUCH!!! Get ready for some rib-breaking hugs in 11 weeks! The wedding looked so beautiful. I hope Laura doesn´t mind if I copy her. Haha. I´m so happy for her and Max. I can´t wait to meet him! 

We also had an amazing week full of miracles. On Thursday, we set off to a far away pueblo with Gladis (my angel guardian mother/favorite person of all time) to find (literally) a reference that the offices of the church had sent us. We had no address, no phone number, and no clue where we were going. Luckily, there is one member who lives out there and could help us a little bit. We drove about 5 minutes to a TINY pueblo named La Parra. We stopped at the local bar (there are lots of those here) to get directions. Luckily, Marivi (the member) literally had no embarrassment and asked the giant group of drunkards where the local Brazillian lady lived. While she was getting the information, Gladis´ car died. On a hill. Picture this: 4 women and a 6 year old stuck in the boonies of Spain (two of which are the sister missionaries) with 20 drunk brutish men. I couldn´t help but laugh a little bit. Lara (Gladis´ daughter) started freaking out and told me that we were going to die there together. I told her to go say a prayer. She ran to the nearest tree, knelt down and prayed out loud to "Diosito" to help the car to work again. It was the sweetest thing I had ever seen. Literally 1 minute later, the car started working! Lara looked at me with the BIGGEST eyes I have ever seen and said, "Diosito realmente me escucha!" (God really does listen to me!). It was such an awesome experience. The mission is full of stuff like that. 

Anyways, then we went to the house and found the family. Turns out that the woman (Andrea) has a son who lives in Brazil and got baptized one year ago. He is now serving a mission in Brazil. She and her daughter (Andressa) had no idea that we were coming and didn´t ask for any sort of visits or Books of Mormon online. The son did it. When we all figured that out, I felt the Spirit so strong! God really does listen to us (just like Laura said). Who knew that two lost Sister Missionaries, a Columbian, a old Spanish lady and a 6 year old could be the answer to this missionary´s prayers to help his family have the gospel in their lives? I know that Heavenly Father knows and loves us. This was such a testimony of that for me. He knows EXACTLY how to take care of us. Andrea and Andressa are interested to learn what their son/brother is teaching in Brazil. They were so excited to tell him about it this week in their e-mail. I just get emotional thinking that we were the literal answer to this missionary´s prayers. He is going to be so happy this week when he reads his e-mails.

I know that God lives and loves us! He really does take care of us. I know that He sends little tender mercies to us every day. He hears and answers our prayers, whether it is from a 6 year old, a missionary, etc. I love being an instrument in the hands of God. It is such a beautiful thing. I hope that I can continue to be such an active part of His work for the rest of my life.

I love you all! Have a wonderful week!
Hermana Endicott

Lara

No comments:

Post a Comment