Ok, I feel like I say this every week, but this week was by FAR one of the weirdest of my mission. We literally didn´t work in our area for 4 days out of the 7 because of travel stuff. I have to say, it was kinda nice/really fun. I can´t say that it helped with my trunky thoughts, but we all need a little break sometimes. Haha.
Monday night was awesome. We went to do a "pass-by" of a Menos Activo lady that we met on the bus on the way to District Meeting 2 weeks ago. We had no idea if she would be there or not, but we felt like we should. Turns out, she wasn´t there, but her 20 year old daughter was! She let us in and later told us that she had recently had a lot of spiritual questions that she wanted answered. We had an awesome talk about faith and how we obtain testimonies. My favorite lessons are the ones that we DON´T plan. They are led purely by the Spirit, if you are worthy and listen closely. There is nothing more exciting to me than being led by the Spirit! #dorkysistermissionary. Anyway, Xana (the daughter) is awesome and we are now teaching her the gospel.
Tuesday was a historic day. I got to do an intercambio with Hermana Money! It was a horrible missionary work day. Intercambios are always that way: either INCREDIBLE or really hard. All of our lessons fired and as we contacted, people were literally laughing in our faces. I don´t know what it is with the people of Asturias this week, but they are really on one! We´ve had so many people make fun of us. Normally it doesn´t hurt my feelings, but this week, there were a few harsh comments made! No pasa nada. Hermana Money and I enjoyed talking about everything under the sun and laughing our heads off. I love her.
Wednesday was a nightmare day! We went to León for Zone Meeting. We got there on time, but someone (I will not say who), missed their bus in their area and couldn´t make it for another 2 hours. So, the rest of us had to re-arrange our schedules and bus tickets. It ended up being very costly and a HUGE waste of time. We were in León from 10:00 in the morning until 7:00 at night. Also, to add to it, León is WAY farther down South, and it just happened to be the hottest day of the year so far in Madrid. We Asturians were DYING. Also, we had tons of stuff (packages, pedidos, letters, bags, backpacks, etc.), so we couldn´t contact around. We decided to make the best of it and form a little choir and sing in the park. It was actually SUPER awesome and we all felt the Spirit so strong! Hermana Carroll had her violin (we played at Zone Metting), and she accompanied us. People were actually stopping to listen!
Thursday morning we had interviews with President Jackson. It was amazing. I really needed that. I love the Jacksons and everything that they do for us. Hermana Jackson made chocolate chip cookies. I cried. Seriously. The smell was just so good. I can´t decide if I am getting transfered after that interview. I think I am, but we´ll just have to see!
(P.S. On this day, a pigeon landed on my head. I´m still not ready to talk about it.)
The rest of the week was good (except for the above commentary about contacting lately). Sunday was Branch Conference. It was really fun and spiritual. Hermana Carroll and I played a duet for Sacrament Meeting. Sooooo many people were crying. Haha. I am just convinced that these people have never heard real music before. The Spirit really was strong...so maybe that´s it.
I am feeling good....sort of. The commentaries about me coming home are coming from everyone! Even from President! He´s the biggest culprit. Haha. I´ve decided that it´s ok to talk about it. It really doesn´t affect anything. Over the past 2 weeks, I have come to the realization that I actually am coming home and that I just have to be a big girl and face it. So, don´t be afraid to say anything anymore!
I can´t believe that Noah is leaving so soon!!! Jolin. Time is flying fast.
Have a good week! I love you!
Hermana Endicott
Note from Lauren's mom: We received an email from a Spanish Teacher from Utah traveling in Spain. She went to church in Gijon and said that sister's are wonderful together! She especially enjoyed their musical number. I wish I knew what they played. After they went to the Branch Presidents for lunch along with the visiting sister. Seems like it was a good week.
Note from Lauren's mom: We received an email from a Spanish Teacher from Utah traveling in Spain. She went to church in Gijon and said that sister's are wonderful together! She especially enjoyed their musical number. I wish I knew what they played. After they went to the Branch Presidents for lunch along with the visiting sister. Seems like it was a good week.

No comments:
Post a Comment