8.15.2013

Hugs from Spain

HOLA!

We have two baptismal dates! Eufrasio, the 30-something Spaniard. HE IS AWESOME. He´s getting baptized on the 24th! Keep praying for him. He´s really, really progressing. Even teaching a Spaniard is amazing, let alone getting the chance to see him get baptized. The biggest gift in the Spain Madrid mission is actually baptizing a Spaniard, and he could be my first baptism! There are just some people that you meet on your mission that you know are prepared by the Lord and are brought into your path. I firmly believe that every investigator is the Lord´s, not mine, and I am so grateful to be teaching such a wonderful child of God. I actually had an awesome spiritual experience with him. We taught him the third lesson, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and asked him to say the closing prayer. As he was praying, I really felt that God was listening to Eufrasio. I knew that God understood him and was pleased to be hearing from him. It´s awesome to be able to feel a little pinch of God´s love for his children through your investigators. Anyways, Eufrasio is awesome, and I am so grateful for him.

Eudelia also has a baptismal date for September 21st. Why so late? She went to London for the entire month of August to visit her children. We sent her with a baptismal calendar, scriptures for every day of August, and every pamphlet we have. She is 69 years old, and SO ADORABLE. We are really praying that she will continue reading and studying the gospel to be ready for her baptism!

In other news, I got hugged by a 16 year old boy twice this week...it was terrifying. He is an investigator, and is oh so adorable, but you know how Dominicans are...a little touchy. I had a feeling that he might have a little crush, but I found out for sure yesterday! Haha. We were at a JAS (Young Single Adult) activity (sidenote: if you want to feel really bad about your Spanish, go to a JAS activity where you are trying to listen to 19048398265 youth speaking at once and at the loudest decible possible). The first time he did it, I was too shocked and amazed that it was happening that I literally couldn´t speak. The Elders were standing there with their mouths wide open...haha. The second time (about 5 minutes later), I went to say goodbye and gave him a handshake. He leaned in for a beso (very common here...we kiss all women on both cheeks while saying goodbye and hello...WE HATE IT), I leaned back, told him to stop, and then he gave me a hug. I was literally running away screaming, and he was following. HAHAHA. The Elder's ran after him and scolded him. Haha. It was hilarious. Wow...I just realized how descriptive this was...

Mom, I got the package! I can´t believe that you fit all of that stuff in there! The dress still doesn´t fit...haha. I´m shrinking by the second. I just pinned it and it looks great! I love it! Hermana F and I also love the FHE stuff. It´ll really help with a bunch of our families.

Tell Hudson I say hi! I actually remembered that he was coming home this month. I´m glad that he´s back and happy. 

I honestly can´t think of anything else that´s been happening this week, but as soon as I get off of the computer, I´m sure I´ll think of something. Haha. 

I love you! Have a good week!

-Hermana Endicott

No comments:

Post a Comment