If I haven´t already said this 1,000 times before, I HATE AUGUST IN SPAIN. Here are my two reasons:
1. It´s HOT HOT HOT HOT. I´m sweating 24/7. On average it´s been about 43 degrees.
2. Because it´s so hot, everyone goes on vacations. I´ve NEVER hated something so much in my life.
It´s been like pulling teeth to get people to meet with us this week, which is really odd to me, because this is salvation! Elder Holland once said that the only problem we should have on our missions is that we all get hypothermia because we can never get out of the font! Unfortunately, missionary work doesn´t always work that way. Hermana Frandsen and I compare our feelings to drowning; we feel like we are barely keeping our heads above water. There is nothing worse than being a missionary and not having your planner filled to the brim. Also, it´s so crazy how fast things go up and down on your missions...
Things with Eufrasio are not going as planned. As soon as we set a date with him, it feels like Satan is literally dragging him the other way. Eufrasio has a HUGE desire to be baptized, but all of his circumstances are falling apart. We did a huge fast for him on Sunday, but so far, things haven´t turned around. We are going to have to set his date back until next week, but we can´t move it back too far, otherwise Satan has more time to attack from the other side! Please, please pray for him. We haven´t met with him in a week, which is really bad when you are trying to baptize someone the following week. Please pray that he can get together with us. He needs this. Hermana Frandsen and I are convinced that all of these things are going wrong because he is SUCH a valuable soul in God´s kingdom and work here on earth. We really believe that he has big things ahead of him, but he needs baptism first!
Jordy (16 year old Albino from Ecuador) is AWESOME. We are going to set a date with him this week. I wish I could take a picture of him and send it to you. He is glowing. He is really starting to know that the whole gospel is true and that this is really the way that he should be going. We are so thankful for him. He is truly a tender mercy.
In other news, we moved this week! We actually live in our area now (SO NICE). This apartment is a million times better than our last one. I´ve included pictures (kinda like a guided tour...). My new address is:
Hermana Endicott
Calle Nuestra Señora de la Fatima
#13, 2,3
Madrid
Spain
28025
Other than that, nothing is really that different! We are working SO hard to find new people to teach and to help our investigators progress. I have been feeling really sad, like it´s my fault because maybe I´m not being obedient or faithful enough. Today, during personal study (my favorite time of the day), I came accross D&C 64:33-34: "Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And our of small things proceedeth that which is great. Behold, the Lord requireth the heart and a willing mind; and the willing and obedient shall eat the good of the land of Zion in these last days."
If anything else, I KNOW that I am here to serve the Lord and I want to be here more than anywhere else. My ability is small, but I know that my small efforts are making a difference somewhere. There are some missionaries that baptize 1,000 people during their time. I am probably not one of those missionaries. However, I know that the gospel is true, the God lives, that He loves us. This knowledge is something that can´t be kept hidden. I have a responsibility to share it with those who don´t. I know what my purpose in this work is: to tell the people of Spain that God lives, loves them, and they are His children. I know that this is the work of the Lord. I know that my little dent of effort is appreciated by the Lord, and honestly, that is such a comforting thought. I know that the Lord is proud of all of His missionaries and for the sacrifice that they make. I know that the Lord sends His children to the places that they will be the most useful and most needed.
Also, just a side note, I heard somewhere that the we are called to serve in the language in which we testify the most powerfully. So cool. I´m still waiting for that to happen...haha.
I love you guys! Good luck in your first week of school and such! Tell everyone that I love and miss them!
Hermana Endicott
No comments:
Post a Comment