Hola Familia!
Week 4 brings transitions. Everyone is sorta getting sick of being in the MTC and desperately wants to get out into the field. However, we are also scared out of our socks to have to speak solamente Español for the next 18 months. I can´t believe that next week is my last here in the MTC! It´s so crazy how time flies. We are all working very diligently on our Spanish. Conjugating verbs is my life. Also, I have decided to read the entire Libro de Mormón in Español before I leave the MTC. I don´t understand all of it, but just reading it helps me so much. I have really felt like it will be so beneficial for me, even though it takes me about 2-2 ½ hours every day to reach my quota of 47 pages. I´m in 2 Nefi 25 at the moment, and need to make it to Jacob 2 by the end of this P-Day. That´s going to be a serious challenge for a P-Day.
Yes, I do know the Tenneys! They are the temple presidents here. I actually talked to Sister Tenney last week in the temple. I heard that they were from San Diego and Lindon, so I knew that they had to know Grandma and Grandpa. They remembered Dad and were so happy to see me serving here. They are the nicest people on earth.
I LOVE my district. They are the best. Elder Larsen is like my little brother. People here actually say that we look the same. We get along oh so well, which is nice.
We got 16 Natives this week. I think there are 4 from the United States but are fluent (one is a Spanish citizen from Farmington, UT? Haha…so random), and the rest are straight out of Spain! It´s been an awesome opportunity for us to practice our Spanish. I think they are all laughing on the inside. Also, we have a theory that they are all lying about their English speaking abilities. I am almost positive that they all speak English but are pretending that they don´t just to help us out. It´s a nice gesture…I guess.
I loved hearing about Dad´s Doug Wright experience. I actually laughed out loud. It´s Dad´s childhood dream to be on the radio…let along the Doug Wright show! Haha. I love it. Congrats, Dad!
I was also happy to hear about all of the other things that you are doing. I used to braid Mrs. Sackett´s hair when I was in the 5th grade! Ironic that Harrison would have her. I only wish that he had Mrs. Olson. She was there when he was born! Haha.
Anyways…not much else is happening here. I pray everyday for el don de lenguas y diligencia con la idioma. It´s definitely a struggle for me, but I love the Spanish language and really believe that I can do it. The food has gotten a lot better. They feed us vegetables at every meal! None of us are constipated anymore! Haha. I didn´t take any pictures this week…sorry. Next week we are going to the Prado Art Museum (the 11th best in the world), and I solemnly vow to take pictures.
Anyways, life is good! I am anxious to get out into the real world, but scared to leave here. I am much more confident in my missionary abilities than I was when I got here, but I still don´t feel 100% ready. Pray for me!
I love you all! Tell everyone thanks for the letters and e-mails! They really make me so happy. I, by far, get the most mail here. So keep it coming! Haha.
Hasta luego!
Hermama Endicott
No comments:
Post a Comment