I am calling this week the week of rain. Seriously, it rained almost every day all day. AND WE DON´T HAVE UMBRELLAS. Luckily, we´ve had good luck leaving and entering into lessons at the right times and have been able to get out of this week partially dry. We have honestly been worried that the Second Coming was occurring right before our eyes. I´ve been studying about it all week. I think we still have time. Anyways...they always say that there is a week of rain and then the cold comes to Madrid. Well, that´s what happened. Being the dummy that I am, I left all of my jackets and winter gear in Gijón, thinking that I would escape the frio here in Madrid for 6 weeks. Well, I was really wrong. It´s FREEZING! I had to go buy myself a jacket today (against my will...) so that I could survive the rest of my time here and the week after.
Apart from the cold and rain, we had a really good week. Raquel (the military Spaniard) is went to Alicante to see her mom and brother get baptized this weekend! We miss her already! She is doing REALLY well with not smoking. She hasn´t smoked for a whole week and a day! That´s so much for her! She will be ready for baptism next week. We are super happy for her and for her family. She´s our miracle!
We ate a lot this week...too much. It wasn´t our fault. People were feeding us left and right. Fast Sunday came RIGHT on time. Hermana Ferrari made me drink an Argentinian tea that supposedly helps cleanse the body when you´ve eaten too much. I´ll never do that again. I don´t trust Latins and their medical remedies.
Anyway...a lot has been happening here lately. We are working a lot (we actually never have a second to stop) and are happy. Everyday I pray that I will have enough physical power to keep up with my mental and emotional desire to serve as hard as I can for the next two weeks. I feel like an 80 year old woman. But, President Jackson told me that that is normal, so I feel better.
Other than that...honestly I don´t think that there is anymore to tell! Life keeps moving forward. We are seeing tons of miracles and are SO happy doing missionary work. For now, that´s what we´re focusing on!
Love you all!
Hermana Endicott
No comments:
Post a Comment