7.07.2014

Semana Negra

Hola familia!

It was a really awesome week! I am loving things in Gijón right now. Hermana Carroll and I are working really well together. She has such a willingness to learn. That girl soaks every piece of information and uses it to her advantage! I really love her and am grateful that we get to serve together. Also, our musical chemistry is really impacting our companionship unity. Haha. I´ll try to send the piece that we played at the baptism this weekend.

Nelly, a 66 year old from Argentina (also, the one that sends you all of the pictures), got baptized this weekend. She is amazing. She has such a desire to follow Christ´s example and follow Him for the rest of her life. It was a really emotional experience for her. She was really, really nervous, but told us that the day of her baptism was the best of her life. The Spirit at that baptism was so strong!

We are also teaching a family who made some BIG progress last night in our lesson. It was the most powerful lesson of my whole mission. I felt the Spirit so strongly! There were SO many times where I had something telling me to say something that I thought was really strange. For example, normally we ask the head of the house to choose someone to say the closing prayer. That´s the way that I´ve done it my whole mission. But, right before we prayed, I felt a strong impression to ask if anyone wanted to pray. I am so grateful that, although it was a weird prompting, I followed it. Gema, the mother, said that she had felt a strong desire to pray and wanted to do it kneeling down. The Spirit was so strong! I know that the Lord knows us and is so conscious of our needs and the needs of our investigators. We all learned so much through the Spirit in that lesson.


On another bright side, I´ve gotten to spend a lot of time with some really good mission friends lately. Hermana Money and I are going to do an intercambio next week. I´m so excited! It´s really nice to be reminded about how much you love people sometimes. 

Things are awesome here! I love missionary work so much. The tiny fragment of time that I have left really gives me anxiety. Haha. I just try not to think about it. I hope things are great at home! I was thinking about how soon Noah leaves the other day. Is it the 8th or the 12th? I can´t remember. CRAZY! I´m so excited for him. The mission is the best thing ever.

Today we are going to something called Semana Negra. It´s an amusement park right next to the beach in Gijón. I´ll take pictures of myself on top of the Ferris Wheel. :) I hope no one gets too jealous.

Love you all!
Hermana Endicott

No comments:

Post a Comment