7.03.2014

A Confirmation

Hola familia!

I don´t have tons of time, but we had an awesome week!

Kenia, our investigator (now Recent Convert!) was baptized almost a year ago. For a bunch of reasons, she chose not to come to her confirmation and stayed FAR away from the church. She never wanted to come back. About 3 weeks ago, we were going through the area book and found her name. I felt like we should call her (not knowing a thing about her situation) and set up an appointment. She spent the next 5 minutes chewing me about about the church and the missionaries. We decided not to set up a return appointment...haha. The next day, Kenia showed up at President Florin´s (Branch President) house for the Noche de Hogar that they have every Monday night. She felt really bad for what she had said to me on the phone and was really embarrassed. We invited her to listen to the message again. Our lessons have been so amazing since then. She is one of the most incredible ladies I have ever met in my life. She was confirmed this Sunday and is now FINALLY ready to start her life "como Mormona!" (that´s what she says). I love her and her daughter, Fabiola, so so much. She was GLOWING when she got down from the stand after her confirmation. She is going to be an excellent missionary.

Next week, our investigator, Nelly, will be baptized! She is from Argentina and is the one that sent you that picture of Hermana Carroll and I. She is a really, really sweet lady and has a HUGE desire to be baptized and become part of this church. Her testimony is GINORMOUS! She is inviting all of her friends to her baptism and wants everyone else to do the same "to give them the opportunity to feel what (she) feels" (that´s what she said). She is incredible. 

We are REALLY seeing the hand of the Lord in our area right now. I am so grateful for everything that this gospel gives to us. We are so blessed to be able to share it with everyone! 

Things are really awesome here! Hermana Carroll is a dream. We call ourselves the "oldies" because we really are so much older than all of the other Hermanas! I love her.

I am glad that you all had such a good week at Philmont! I love you all!

Love,
Hermana Endicott




No comments:

Post a Comment