1.27.2014

Hola!

Hola familia!
 
Numbers wise, this has been one of the most successful weeks of my mission. We taught the most lessons that I´ve ever taught in a week (20!), we have two people with a fecha for bautismo, and we had one person at church (almost 2!). We are super happy and can really feel the Lord working through us. Although we are EXHAUSTED (physically), we are so energized and thankful to be here. Missionary work is just so awesome. Seeing investigators progress is the biggest miracle.
 
Physically, we were awful this week. Haha. It´s flu season here in Spain as well! All 4 of the Hermanas in Alcalá were hit hard. I didn´t throw up, and neither did my companion, but the other two...oh man. I feel bad. We only stayed home for a few hours on Friday afternoon to sleep it off. I mostly just had a terrible headache (felt like I got hit in the head with a brick), and a little nausea. I was also pretty exhausted. But, we are both feeling much better. The other Hermanas are struggling a little bit. Pray for them! President and Sister Jackson thought that we had carbon monoxide poisoning because all four of us were sick at the same time...weird. I´m pretty sure it was just the flu.
 
We have two fechas after this week. One investigator is really progressing. He showed up to one of our lessons this week COMPLETELY drunk. We literally couldn´t teach him anything...so weird. I´ve never had that experience before. He smelled like alcohol and he had some weird foam forming around the edges of his mouth. So, natually, after that lesson, we taught the Word of Wisdom. There´s nothing wrong with being direct sometimes. He told us that he drinks with his friends and that he has a smoking problem. He was also involved in the war in Africa about 30 years ago and said that the other soldiers would slip really harmful drugs into their food and drinks sometimes. We think that he is still suffering from that a little bit now. He really wants to utilize the Atonement and repent for all of the things that happened to him during the war. He loves the gospel. Our other fecha, is from Ecuador. He is probably the smallest person I´ve ever seen. I would guess that he´s about 4´11, but he has a big heart! We love him. We have to work slowly with him, so he will get baptized the 9th of March.
 
Fun fact for the week, we found out that the capilla (church building) in Alcalá was the first one built in Spain! Unfortunately, I forgot my camera on Sunday...sorry. I´ll take pictures this week. I´ll also work on pictures of the piso.
 
I think that´s pretty much it for the week! It was a good one.
 
Spiritual thought for the week: for a JAS (YSA) Noche de Hogar (FHE) this week, we taught about making decisions. We watched a Mormon Message. Watch it! http://www.mormonchannel.org/youth-videos  It´s called "Leave the Party." It´s so powerful! Our little day-to-day decisions, especially as young adults, make the difference. Then read Alma 37:6-7. Make sure you are always standing in holy places! The small and simple things change lives!
 
Love you guys!
Hermana Endicott

No comments:

Post a Comment