Hola familia-
Good news first, Eufrasio got baptized! We hadn´t heard anything from him up until Tuesday. He called the Hermanas in B9 and told them that he had been in Barcelona taking care of his sick mother, but that while he had been there, he was attending church every week. He just couldn´t call us. I was so happy to hear that! The Hermanas met with him and asked him to get baptized the next day, and he said yes! He is now a member. I´m sad that I couldn´t go to watch the service, but I know that he is happy and content. I am so happy for him.
Second, we have two fechas of our own for the 22nd of December! Hernesto and Pablo are both so ready and open to this new phase of their lives. Pablo is having a little trouble with his wife accepting it, however. I am worried for him. We are praying a lot and are going to fast in the next week for his wife. Refardless, they are both progressing rapidly and getting closer and closer to the font!
You guys would love my area. It´s beautiful. I am so lucky to be here for the holidays. The main square (Plaza Cervantes) is FULLY decorated and loaded for Christmas. It´s beautiful. I will take some pictures this week and send them. I feel a little bit like I´m on temple square!
I went on an intercambio in Guadalajara this week with Herman Giler. I´ve done intercambios with her before in B9. She´s from Ecuador and super nice. I didn´t speak a word of English for a full 24 hours and didn´t even blink twice!
In other random news, I have been told 5 different times by 5 different people that I look like Miley Cyrus this week. Honestly, I´m a little concerned.
All of the missionaries here in Madrid spent the day today practicing for the concert that we are putting on next week in Pavones! I am super excited. I´m helping Hermana Sullivan play the piano, of course. I´ve never played the piano so much in my life as I have while on my mission. I play a solo at nearly every baptism, Zone Conference, the hymns in sacrament meeting and everything else in between. Anyways...it was really fun to see all of the missionaries today. I missed all of them! I actually nearly cried when I saw some people. It´s just a wonderful time of the year and a wonderful time to be a missionary!
I got the big Christmas package today at the practice! Por fin! I haven´t opened it yet, but I will as soon as I get a chance! I haven´t gotten any of the other packages, but I assume that they are coming!
It´s been a crazy week, and the next few weeks are going to fly by as well! I love you guys and am glad to hear that everything is going so well!
Love,
Hermana Endicott
No comments:
Post a Comment