10.27.2013

Baptism Week!

Hola familia!

This was a big week for Hermana Adair and I. I am not even quite sure where to begin. It all seems like a blur! 

First, Eudelia, our 70 year old investigator, was baptized on Saturday! It was a beautiful baptism. But it didn´t go off without a hitch! The font would NOT fill up! It takes 3-4 hours to fill, and we were there to start it 4 hours before, but we think that something is wrong with the plug. The water would not fill past my knees! Eudelia is a short lady, but she definitely could not be baptized in knee-deep water considering her age. It was hard enough on her body to do it in waist-deep water! We prayed so, so, so hard for the font to fill before her baptism. We ran the water up until 2 seconds before she was baptized, and we had plenty! Little miracle. 

Also, right before, the lady that was scheduled to speak about Baptism canceled! We had to find someone else in about 10 minutes. Thankfully, we have the best Ward Mission Leader in the world and he covered for us. Thanks Hermano Thompson! 

It was so beautiful. I really felt the Spirit so strongly, especially during the talks. For the first time in my life, I really felt what D&C 18:15 says: joy. Missionary work brings a joy into my life that I can´t describe. I know that this is the work of the Lord. He needs all of us. I read a talk this week by Elder Uchtdorf called "You Matter to Him." I thought about myself. I am 1 in 80,333 other people trying to do the work of the Lord. Do my efforts week to week really make a difference? YES! It says in D&C 18:10 that "the worth of souls is great in the sight of God." I know that and feel that to be true with Eudelia. Week by week we taught her the gospel, and now, she can return to live with God again! I love missionary work. 

Besides the having a baptism, this week has been one of our best number-wise, which is a miracle because I was deathly ill for about half of it. On Thursday, we got out of a lesson with an investigator, and I thought I was going to die. I had been developing a sore throat for a couple of days, but on Thursday, I had aches all over my body, my throat was burning, nose running AND I was dizzy and thought I was going to throw up. Of course, we had tons of lessons on Thursday, and we just pushed through it. Dont worry, I am well taken care of. You know the Latin culture. They all have their own home remedies. We had 5 lessons that day, and at every single one of them, somebody gave me a different medicine, herb, mist, droplet, etc. I was even fed a heaping spoonful of natural honey. I can´t say I felt any better after partaking of any of those things. 

Also, on Thursday, we moved again. We switched piso´s with the Elders from our Barrio because it was much, much bigger and there are only the two of them. It was stressful, but everyone from the district came to help, and it really helped us out. Our new address is: 

Calle de las Tintas
#13, 3B
Madrid
España

 

It was a really good week! We are happy doing missionary work! Love you all!

Hermana Endicott

No comments:

Post a Comment