4.09.2013

this is a questionnaire that's going around the sister missionary blog world that i thought i would participate in...because i'm bored...and i have nothing else to do...

Did the age change affect you? If yes, how long did it take you to decide to go?
I've told the story before, but, quick synopsis, the age change essentially just moved my mission date up a few months.  For various {now silly and embarrassing} reasons, I was struggling with when I should go, not if I should go. Right after Pres. Monson announced it, I knew I was going.  It was a really spiritual experience and can be read in full here.

Did you always want to serve a mission? Why/why not?
Yes, I have always wanted to go, I just didn't know if circumstance would allow it.  I've had many personal experiences in my life that have helped me to realize that a mission was for me, from picturing myself wearing the tag to hearing a message in general conference.  I wanted/want to serve simply because I know that the gospel is true and I want to share it!

Where did you want to be called? Why?
London, England.  It's perfect.  Foreign, yet English speaking.  Plus, we all know about my Brit obsession...

Was your call surprising? How do you feel about it?
It was VERY, VERY, VERY {did I say "very?"} surprising.  Honestly, when I finally held the call in my hand {and the week beforehand}, I was positive that it was Mid-West English speaking.  I would be comfortable doing that.  Spain is not even something that I thought about, and it's definitely something that I am NOT comfortable with.  I am 90% scared and 10% excited.

Why are you serving?
I am serving because I can't help but do it!  I know that my testimony of the gospel is strong, and, besides wanting to share it with others, I honestly feel that being part of this huge movement of missionaries is going to enlighten my future beyond anything that I can comprehend!

Any advice for future sisters or girls still deciding?
PRAY.  Heavenly Father answers all of our prayers, just not in the way that we think that He will.  My prayers about serving were answered in a HUGE way, and that has greatly affected my testimony in the power of prayer.  I know that Heavenly Father knows exactly what we are feeling and thinking, and plays to our needs.  Through prayer, we become as close to Him as He is to us, and with that comes great power. So, if you are unsure, just pray!

Any other thoughts?
I can't believe I'm doing this so soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment