Do you ever just have something that really bugs you? I mean, you get shaky and the hair on your arms literally stands up? Well, that's how I've been feeling a little bit lately....about the dishes.
I didn't realize that a sink full of dirty dishes stressed me out this much until I came to college and lived in a 5 room apartment with 6 girls. Coming home from a long day of classes, work, church stuff and test taking and finding a sink full (and sometimes 2) really irks me. I've been trying really hard to not let it bother me because maybe my roommates have had a hard day and they don't have the time or energy to do it! Or maybe they don't know how. So I tried out a little experiment. I didn't use any dishes or even the kitchen for a whole weekend. Guess what? The same dishes from Friday were still in the sink on Monday. DIS-GUST-ING. They smelled...really bad. Of course, no one was going to do them. And my roommates were home all weekend. I think that they are dependent on me for all things clean...which doesn't make me happy.
Is it weird that I get so annoyed by this? Should I continue to clean up after them, or should I just keep it to myself? I think that I'm ready to explode from annoyance, so I should probably do something about it. I don't know. I guess that coming home, turning on John Mayer or some Gaga and doing the dishes can be very therapeutic sometimes.
In other news, there's nothing new in my life. I've been bored to death with work and school. I definitely need a good hobby or something. That's what volleyball is for. I'm playing setter in our tournament on Friday and Saturday, which I'm a little nervous about. I've lost my volleyball identity recently. This season I tried out for volleyball as an outside hitter and I've played libero, defensive specialist and not setter. C'mon coach! I JUST WANT TO HIT!! Gah. I just home that I don't ruin everything this weekend by being a bad setter. I just don't know who I am anymore!!
On the bright side, these bangs are the best thing that's ever happened to me. Do you agree?

No comments:
Post a Comment